Wednesday 13 July 2011

Chanter workshop-getting it together

OK-I've agreed with the Pipe Major that we run a chanter workshop to help members memorise and learn pipe tunes.

If you feel you want to participate please let me know by email what dates and time suit.

My own preference is a short, two hour session- one week end-maybe the morning. The idea is to work as a group but then have breakup sessions on a one-to-one basis where you can try out the method shown or adapt to suit your own way of learning.

We need two hours as what I aim to do is teach one part with a view to playing it on the pipes before the end of the workshop.

Please get in touch so that I can make sure that enough "tutors" are on hand to help out.

(Remember there is no charge and its all voluntary!! Must be a Scottish band after all!!)

Thanks very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment